Areas of responsibility
- Promotion of the protection and defence of the political rights of citizens.
- Direct support for citizens on matters which affect their relationship with the City Council in particular, and also with other institutions in general.
- Enable access to municipal information and actively promote services and public policy by the City Council in favour of citizens' participation in the democratic control and action of government.
- Foster the active involvement of citizens in the process of creating, executing and evaluating public policy.
- Collaborate in the creation of community networks to strengthen citizens' capacity to play an active part in collective affairs.