The Commerce Awards entry period closes
The 19th Barcelona Commerce Awards are under way following the closure of the nomination period. This year we can celebrate the fact that the number of entries for this formal recognition of Barcelona's commercial model has doubled, a sign our city's local commerce is in good health and of the good work being done in every year to ensure this innovative model grows.
There are seven categories this year, which means more possibilities.
- Innovative Commercial Initiative of the Year Award: recognises a notable contribution to the sector, through the sales system, products, their location and customer service.
- Collaborative Commerce Award: represents a significant contribution towards boosting a neighbourhood or part of the city, commercially and socially.
- Albert González Award for helping to promote and raise awareness of city commerce: rewards a long career and contribution to commerce
- Retail Establishment Award: recognises the unique nature of specific retail establishments with a distinctive image.
- Sustainable Commerce Award: adds social and/or environmental factors to the establishment, its products and/or services
- Local Cultural Commerce Award: goes to a person, organisation, initiative, establishment or project for their/its career or work in this area
Finally, there is the Barcelona Markets Award, awarded by the Barcelona Municipal Institute of Markets, which recognises a distinctive image, in terms of innovation as well as decoration or added sales value, while rewarding a significant, progressive contribution to boosting trade at a market, launching or consolidating a service, etc.
The 19th Awards aim to acknowledge commercial initiatives, contributions and establishments that helped to improve the commercial sector in 2015.