Basic commercial regulations
Here you will find the specific commercial regulations: on facilities, business hours, services, fairs, administrative actions etc.
If you are looking for municipal regulations you can access them on this very website. As for other regulations, you can access them on the following websites:
- Legislative Decree 1/1993, of 9 March, on internal commerce, approving a revision in a single text of the provisions of Act 1/1983, of 18 February and Act 23/1991, of 29 November. CAT
- Act 7/1996, of 15 January, on retail commerce regulations. STATE
- Royal Decree 199/2010, of 26 February, regulating itinerant selling or street-hawking (State and basic)
- Executive Decree 1/2009, of 22 December, on commercial amenity regulations. CAT
- Decree 378/2006, of 10 October, implementing Act 18/2005, of 27 December, on commercial amenities (this Act was repealed by Executive Decree 1/2009, though the decree remains in force).
- Bear in mind the urban-planning legislation, which also regulates commercial-amenity-related aspects. Legislative Decree 1/2010, of 3 August, approving the revised text of the Act on Urban Planning.
- Act 17/2009, of 23 November, on free access to service activities and their performance. STATE (umbrella act)
Incorporates the regulations of Directive 2006/123/EC, of 12 December, on services in the internal market. Directive.
- Act 3/2014, of 19 February, on business opening hours and measures for certain promotional activities, was approved (Official Journal of the Generalitat de Catalunya 24.2.2014)
- Act 1/2004, of 21 December, on business hours.
- Decree 2807/1972, of 15 September, regulating advertising and price marking, on selling retail items to the public.
- Decree 118/1995, of 3 April, on selling cultural products on St George's Day.
- Business and Employment Order 377/2012, of 16 November, establishing the opening hours of commercial establishments on Sundays and public holidays for 2012, 2013 and 2015.
- Act 20/2009, of 4 December, on environmental protection and control of activities. CAT
- Decree 136/1999, of 18 May, approving the general regulations on the Catalan environmental authorities' comprehensive action.
- Act 12/2012, of 26 December, on urgent measures for liberalising commerce and specific services. STATE
- Act 8/1994, of 25 May on the activities of fairs. CAT
- Decree 144/1995, of 18 April, approving the regulations in the Act on the Activities of Fairs.
Crowded events and establishments
- Act 11/2009, of 6 July, on the authorities' regulation of public shows and recreational activities. CAT
- Decree 112/2010, of 31 August, approving the Regulations on Public Shows and Recreational Activities.
- Ministry of the Interior Order 358/2011, of 19 December, regulating the business hours of establishments open to the public, public shows and recreational activities subject to Act 11/2009.
Other regulations of interest:
- Act 1/1998, of 7 January, on language policy.
- Act 22/2010, of 20 July, on the Consumer Code of Catalonia.
- Decree 12/2013, of 26 February, regulating official consumer complaints and claims forms.
- Legislative Royal Decree 1/2007, of 16 November, approving the revised text of the General Act for the Defence of Consumers and Users and other complementary acts.
- Royal Decree 231/2008, of 15 February, regulating the Consumer Arbitration System.
- Royal Decree 2695/1977, of 28 October, on regulations of prices, as amended by Royal Decree 816/1982, of 28 March.
- Resolution of 20 October 1992, exempting furrier shops and jewellers from the obligation for price information set out under Act 23/1991.
- Royal Decree 3423/2000, of 15 December, regulating the display of prices of products offered to consumers and users.
- Decree 73/2002, of 19 February, regulating the display of prices of products offered to consumers and users (Correction of errata in the Official Journal of the Generalitat de Catalunya nº 3628, of 03.05.2002).
- Royal Decree 1334/1999, of 31 July, approving the general regulations for labelling, presenting and advertising food products.
- Royal Decree 1468/1988, of 2 December, approving the regulations for labelling, presenting and advertising industrial products intended for direct sale to consumers and users.
- Regulatory Act 6/1993, of 15 July, on waste.
- Framework Act 15/1999, of 13 December, on personal data protection.
- Act 31/1995, of 8 November, on occupational risk prevention.
- Act 16/2009, of 13 November, on payment services.