The city of Barcelona employs quality and sustainability criteria when providing city services and maintaining the city environment, in accordance with its commitments to protecting and improving the environment and the fight against climate change, to provide people with an active, healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
Deputy Director of Ecology and City Services: Jordi Ribas Vilanova
- Promoting equipment, programmes and activities for raising awareness of, protecting and conserving the city's environmental assets, through environmental education and participation.
- It leads municipal actions for maintaining and improving the city's green areas and beaches, energy saving and the use of renewable energies, monitoring and reducing pollution, city cleaning and solid waste management, the water cycle, city lighting and the maintenance and surfacing of streets and squares.
- Ecology and City Services List of Services (December 2016; PDF 875 KB)
- Urban Environment Ordinance of Barcelona
- Municipal ordinance of activities and comprehensive intervention of the environmental administration in Barcelona