In Barcelona, we live and breathe sport from Collserola to the sea. Sport is the engine that makes the city move, that unites the people of Barcelona in the city's neighbourhoods, schools, squares, parks and streets.
Sport infuses the city with its positive values: from the educational stage, in schools, to major competitions with the celebration of championships and events with an international impact and great economic weight, through to grass-roots sport. The Catalan capital has a solid network of sports clubs, associations and entities firmly established in the city that form its sporting foundations.
In Barcelona, the Barcelona Sports Institute (IBE) and the city's various players from the world of sport give impetus to a whole series of programmes and services that aim to connect the Catalan capital and respond to the needs and demands of all Barcelona's citizens.
The various activities carried out cover diverse areas and dimensions of sport.
Sport, the city's economic engine
The SPORT AND ECONOMIC ENGINE dimension is comprised of professionals, organisations and events that lead to an increase in sports-related economic activity in the city.
Barcelona as the home of national and international sports organisations:
- Euroleague, ACB, ASOBAL.
- The Joan Antoni Samaranch Olympic and Sports Museum.
- The more than 250 public and private sports facilities found in the city.
- The faculties of Physical Education and Sport Science.
- The network of clubs, sports promotion companies and professional sports associations.
- The sports fairs and trade shows: The Piscina Barcelona Trade Show, the Motor Show and the Boat Show, among others.
- The conferences on sports medicine and health, for which Barcelona is a reference point.