La Fàbrica del Sol is an equipment of environmental education promoted by the Area of Ecology, Urbanism and Mobility of the City council of Barcelona.
The rehabilitation of the space has integrated environmental measures and solutions, such as the use of rainwater, an interior vertical garden, a geothermal heat pump, a pergola and a wall with photovoltaic panels, in addition to natural ventilation.
The demonstrative building is open to all to publicize and extend the culture of sustainability.
Nowadays, the entire museology of equipment is being renewed, which forces to cancel all visits to the installations until the autumn of 2017. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.
The services and resources that are offered are:
- An information and consultation service on issues of urban ecology and sustainability
- A program of activities for adults and families
- The program How does Barcelona work?
- A material loan service
- The Ateneu de Fabricació de La Fàbrica del Sol
- The Environmental Education Documentation Service (SDEA)
- Action + Sustainable for shops
- Entities and Companies + Sustainable
- Schools + Sustainable