The Municipal Consumer Information Office (OMIC) is a free service provided by Barcelona City Council's Department of economy , cooperative ,supportive and consumer affairs with the aim of helping Barcelona residents, whether they are consumers, business people or users, to know their rights and obligations.
OMIC's staff deal with over 40,000 queries throughout the year and their work is part of the global project of building a city that cares for people and their quality of life, by promoting mediation and arbitration as a means of resolving disputes.
What services do we offer?
- We provide information and advice on consumer affairs face-to-face, by telephone or online.
- We process complaints and claims submitted by consumers residing in Barcelona or against establishments located in Barcelona.
- We mediate to try to reconcile the different parties in the event of consumer-business disputes.
- We organise training campaigns and initiatives on consumer affairs for various groups.
- We compile, update and publicise legislative information on consumer affairs.
- We work with company customer care services to prevent any potential problems.
- We give out complaint and claim forms to businesses, as well as information on their rights and obligations towards consumers and users.