Spaces for dogs in every district
Tuesday, January 2, 2018 - 13:03
Initiatives are being carried out comprehensively throughout the city for the wellbeing of animals and to improve positive community life between dog owners and other local residents. Which is why big new spaces for dogs will be opening to the public over the first quarter of 2018, practically all with 700 square metres or more at their disposal, so dogs can run about without leashes, with specially adapted furniture for encouraging dog games and with suitable plants.
Work has presently started on five new spaces and on expanding and improving a further two, thanks to funding totalling 1,930,000 euros.
- Ciutat Vella: new space in the Parc de la Barceloneta, Passeig Marítim, 15, with 700 square metres. Work will finish in March.
- Horta-Guinardó: new space on Carrer de Coll i Alentorn, between Saturnino Calleja and Juan Valera, with 700 square metres. Work will finish in March.
- Sarrià – Sant Gervasi: new space in the Jardins de Piscines i Esports, on the chamfer between Carrer de Ganduxer and Carrer Bori i Fontestà, with 1,300 square metres. Work will finish in March.
- Les Corts: new space in Jardins de Bacardí, on Travessera de les Corts, 122, with 700 square metres. Work will finish in January.
- Sant Andreu: new space on Carrer de la Ciutat d’Asunción, on the corner between Carrer de Ferran Junoy and Carrer de Tucumán, with 700 square metres. Work will finish in Janaury.
- Eixample: extension and improvement of the space along Avinguda Mistral, between Carrer de Vilamarí and Avinguda del Paral·lel, with 400 square metres. Work will finish in January.
- Eixample: extension and improvement of the space on Plaça de Letamendi, with 700 square metres. Work will finish in March.Nou Barris was the first district to open a large recreational area for dogs, with 700 square metres and located along Avinguda Meridiana. There will be complementary spaces, besides this area, in Nou Barris too, in Plaça del Virrei Amat and Plaça de Can Dragó, whose plans are currently being drafted. Plans are also presently being prepared for the areas along Carrer del Priorat (Sants-Montjuïc), Plaça d’Alfonso Comín (Gràcia) and the Parc de l’Estació del Nord (Eixample).
Work is also being carried out on the new area for dogs in the Parc de Sant Martí, one of the biggest in the city, which will have up to 2,500 square metres at its disposal.