The Gràcia Ateneu de Fabricació Digital is a creation and training venue linked to new technologies and, in particular, to digital 3D manufacturing, where city residents, associations, organisations, universities and businesses are able to get involved in a digital-creation laboratory, or fab lab.
The centre is equipped with fabrication software and machines that enable the entire community to turn their ideas and concepts into physical products that are useful to society.
In a renovated former factory building, the Ateneu de Fabricació Digital de Gràcia is the fifth centre in Barcelona’s fab lab network. A public facility geared towards creativity, which provides support for digital, textile, fashion and biomaterial production, the aim is to redesign the society of the future.
In order to carry out all of these initiatives, the centre has various fabrication areas, divided according to the machinery and the sector. More specifically the Gràcia centre is divided into four work spaces.
The first one specialises in textiles and fashion, with a digital embroidery machine and various sewing machines. The second area focuses on digital and electronic fabrication, offering users with various kinds of 3D printers and programming materials. The third area, known as the Biomaterials and Biotechnology Laboratory, is equipped with tools and devices for producing new materials adapted to the needs of the hyper-technological future. The last area, the Taller Brut [Dirty Workshop], is mostly used for manufacturing heavier or large items. For this reason, it is equipped with a laser-cutting machine, various types of cutting and grinding machines, a vinyl cutter, etc.
In addition to these four areas, there is also a large multi-use open area called Àgora, where exhibitions, workshops and conferences can be held, and three more smaller work areas.
The team is made up of four people with a wide range of expertise: industrial design, digital production, fashion design, biomaterials and audiovisual communication. A wide variety of professions that gravitate around the intersecting knowledge and skills needed for developing differential innovative projects.
The centre’s mission is to promote creativity and innovation through socio-technological development projects using methodologies from the field of design.
At the Fab Labs we bring technology closer to people we provide support for projects we share knowledge by making qualified people available to you together with the necessary machinery.
Machinery the Fab Lab is equipped with
- Sigma BCN3D / (Fdm) 3D printer
- Sigmax BCN3D / (Fdm) 3D printer
- Formlabs Form 2 / resin SLA printer
- WASP DeltaWASP 2040 / (Fdm) + Wasp Clay Kit 2.0 / clay kit
ENGRAVING AND CUTTING
- Roland CAMM-1GS 24 / cutter plotter
- Trotec Speedy 300 C100W CO2 / laser cutter
- Alarsis CRT 212L / wire cutter
- Roland SRM-20 / desktop CNC mill
- KSD Motion 1326 3K PRO II SERIES / large-format CNC mill
- Brother Innovis V5 / digital embroidery machine
- Singer Heavy Duty 4411 sewing machine
- Holzstar DB1100 woodworking lathe
- Chisel set for Holzstar DRLESET8T lathes
- Weller WD1000 soldering iron
- Promax FA-363C power supply
- Promax GF-856 multifuncion generator
- Promax OD-610 oscilloscope
- Promax MD-200C multimeter
- Makita TD 127 DWE impact driver
- Makita HP 457 DWE multifunction drill
- Makita RT 0700 CX2 router/trimmer
- Makita LS 1040 F mitee saw
- Makita 4351 FCT jigsaw
- Makita MLT 100 circular table saw
- Makita BO 5031 random orbit sander
- Makita VC 2512 L vacuum cleaner
- Cevik CP12/941 bench pillar drill
- Telwin Tecnica Tig Lift 190 DC-VRD TIG welder
- Dremel 4000-4/65 multitool
Arduino Makey Makey
Brother Innovis V5 / digital embroidery machine-
Scaner Sense 3D
Roland SRM-20 / desktop CNC mill
Fresadora CNC Gran Format KSD Motion1326 3K serie PRO
Generadors de funcions Promax GF-856-
Impressora (Fdm) 3D BCN3D Sigma
Impressora (Fdm) Delta Wasp Deltawas 2040 Kit Ceramica Wasp Clay Kit 2.0
Formlabs Form 2 / resin SLA printer
Ingletadora Makita LS1040-
Maquina de cosir Singer Heavy Duty 4411
Oscil·loscopi Promax OD-610
Makita MLT 100 circular table saw
Trotec Speedy 300 C100W CO2 / laser cutter
Alarsis CRT 212L / wire cutter
Holzstar DB1100 woodworking lathe
Book 2 Textil AdaLovelace Room
Book 3 3D Printing Room HedyLamarr
Book 5 Dirty Workshop Jude Milhon