A library accept books and other items in good condition that have something to do with:
· its local collection
· its specialist collection or centre of interest
It also accept other items defined in the collection development policy of Biblioteques de Barcelona (p. 45)
What should you do beforehand?
· If you're donating more than 10 items, you should make a list and take it to the library (giving the titles, authors, publishers and years of publication)
· Remember that any accepted will become the property of the library
· In the case of special donations (number of copies, the significance the works hold for the donor) a collection transfer agreement must be established with the Biblioteques de Barcelona Consortium
Please contact us before you bring your books over directly
When should you bring books to the library?
· Once the library has approved the donation, a day will be arranged for its delivery
District and neighbourhood waste and recycling centres
Entitled "El racó dels llibres" (The book corner), some district and neighbourhood waste and recycling centres provide a space for passing on books to other users. Check the services of your nearest recycling centre.
Tel.: 900 226 226
Other centres that accept donations
You are advised to contact them before you make any donation