Decree to guarantee essential services during the state of alarm due to Covid-19
15/03/2020 - 14:21
The municipal decree signed today establishes that 44% of municipal staff will work to maintain the essential services needed to guarantee the effective functioning of the city.
Public services in operation
- All services related to the health system such as hospitals, primary health centres, pharmacies and health transport.
- Basic services of the Municipal Institute of Social Services (IMSS).
- Cleaning and waste collection services.
- Guàrdia Urbana-Barcelona City Police
- Fire Prevention, Extinction and Rescue Service, together with Civil Defence.
- Public transport. Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (TMB) will adapt its metro and bus services.
- The District Managers.
- Information for the general public.
- Barcelona wholesale market and theMunicipal Institute of Markets, in addition to the entire food supply chain.
- Goods transport, with adapted loading and unloading times.
- Mobility, maintenance and management infrastructures.
- Cemeteries and Funeral Services.
- Prison services.
- Embassies and consulates.
- The public prosecution, the criminal courts, the court guards, the civil and commercial courts.
- The Civil, Commercial and Property Registries.
Water, electricity and gas suppliesare also guaranteed.
Stay at home
Stay at home wherever you can as a preventative measure and to minimise the risk of contagion. Remember that you can only move around your town or city for the following reasons:
- to buy food, medicine and other essential items
- to go to a health centre
- to go to the workplace
- to go back home
- to provide assistance to elderly people, minors and dependants
- to go to the bank
- to take your pet out for a walk
- Force Majeure causes
During the state of alarm, over four-hundred municipal facilities will remain closed, including 148 parks and gardens with access to the city.
The Citizen Help and Information Office (OAC) will also remain closed. All procedures will be carried out exclusively through 010 and the procedures portal.
Use the health system responsibly
To prevent the health system from collapsing, only go to your health centre if it is absolutely essential.
Remember that when in doubt you can call 010 and if you feel unwell call 061.
- Clean your hands often.
- Do not share food or kitchen utensils.
- Do not touch your face.
- Cover your face with your elbow if you cough or sneeze.
- Stay 2 metres away from other people.
You can find all the information on the Barcelona Public Health Agency website.