One of Barcelona City Council’s objectives is to promote play and active leisure activities in public spaces, and to this end it is continuing to roll out a network of play areas (more than 870 at the end of 2018)
In order to best adapt the play areas to the needs and expectations of local residents, the City Council wishes to incorporate technological innovation requirements in upcoming tender processes related to the city's play areas. This will provide the council with information that will make it easier to manage these spaces.
Through a process of internal reflection, the City Council has defined a two-fold challenge related to improving the planning and maintenance of these play areas.
The aim of this challenge is to create an active listening system for users of play areas (children and those accompanying them), understood as a method that enables their evaluations and feedback to be incorporated systematically.
What we are looking for
We are looking for mobile solution projects that enable the following general functionalities:
- Information map featuring all the play areas in Barcelona with up-to-date information on the availability of the spaces and equipment.
- Information (size, features, etc.), location and how to get to the play areas.
- Information on features: play capacity, history, functions, learning.
- Quick evaluation of the spaces and features (using a star system or similar)
- Photo collection (published respecting privacy laws)
- Ideas, complaints and suggestions box
Activity and context:
- Group play proposals for the spaces
- Support for organising open activities
- Proposals for activities in the area around the play space
What you will get
- Presentation of the winning solutions at the event for presenting the specifications of the upcoming invitation to tender for providing the service of conservation of children's play areas, leisure areas for senior citizens, gym areas, benches, waste bins, picnic tables, table-tennis tables, basketball baskets, enclosures and signs of parks and gardens in the city, scheduled to take place in February 2019.
- Direct access to a network of decision-makers from companies with the potential to incorporate these solutions in their offers for the provision and maintenance of play areas in the city.
- Public recognition from Barcelona City Council