DataCity is an urban innovation programme that invites technological corporations and companies to solve urban challenges posed by Barcelona City Council, by using data as their central tool. DataCity Barcelona 2018 is promoted by the Commissioner for Technology and Digital Innovation. This first edition involves tackling the challenges set out in Barcelona City Council’s Urban Mobility Plan.
Mobility Management Department at Barcelona City Council, in charge of the operational management of urban-mobility services in Barcelona.
Multinational company for motorway management.
The goal is to have a simulation model that shows the impact on mobility and congestion in the city in the light of a potential management of high-capacity toll-free roads, at access points to the city and in the Barcelona Metropolitan Area, including the various resulting scenarios in the face of possible action alternatives considered.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Data Engineering (cleansing & aggregation of data from various sources)
- Data Science & Analysis (simulation models)
Level of maturity: sufficiently advanced stage of development to have proven experience and a track history (startups or SMEs).
Dedication: you will have to dedicate between two and three months for experimenting with a solution, together with a team made up of the above-mentioned participants and the Data City facilitator team.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Developing an urban mobility project in one of the Europe’s main cities.
- Accessing a global innovation network to scale its solutions.
- Working with the operational teams of the Corporation and Barcelona City Council.
- 7,500 euros payment to cover the costs of the experimentation stage (No equity holding will be taken).