Barcelona Cuida is closed and will not be providing face-to-face assistance until further notice as a preventive measure to stop the spread of Covid-19. However, the service has organised a series of actions using telematic means to inform and advise domestic and care workers.
The measures to provide online and telephone support come in response to concerns raised by domestic workers about situations they are currently experiencing relating to the personal home care services they provide, and their well-being and labour rights. Responses to questions frequently asked among people caring for family members and carers in general are also provided, including specific audio-visual material.
For domestic and care workers:
– Support is provided on the phone number 93 413 25 55, from 8 am to 3 pm Monday to Friday, for advice and queries about health and protection relating to Covid-19.
– The free phone number 900 505 805 is also operational seven days a week from 6 am to midnight, with psychologists providing emotional and psychological support for domestic and care workers suffering from anxiety, nerves, insomnia etc. The password to access this service is “DOMICILIO2020”.
– Advice on labour rights from Employment Rights Defence Points (Barcelona Activa): 93 234 61 20, 93 234 61 21 and 93 234 61 22, Monday to Friday.
For carer families:
– Information and guidance for families about hiring people to carry out domestic or care work:
- There is a telephone line advising these families what they can offer the people they have hired in terms of employment in relation to the Covid-19 health crisis: 93 443 30 40, offering support from Monday to Friday, 9 am to 6 pm.
Outside of these times, written enquires can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– For all carers, whether they are paid employees or family members, four videos are available with clear instructions on adopting the general protection measures set up by the health authorities to tackle Covid-19.
All the telephone resources are detailed in the guide with advice and recommendations for caring and protecting sick or dependent people, available on this page.
You can also download an image with the main support and advice phone numbers here.
For further information, Barcelona Cuida handles phone queries from Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 2 pm and 3 pm to 7 pm, on 93 413 21 21, or by email at email@example.com.
Barcelona Cuida provides information and guidance on where to find services and resources relating to the care of sick or dependent people, in addition to practical support in the areas of employment and career training, legal aspects, emotional support, and activities for carers.