Local economic development
The new local economic development strategy focuses on the needs of the population and improving their quality of life, adopts a comprehensive approach to the territory and views what is local as an opportunity for promoting economy-boosting strategies agreed by the territory’s various players (public, private and community), with an intercultural and gender approach.
- To revive local industry in sectors with quality employment.
- To boost local commerce by professionalising the sector, prioritising associations and commercial cooperation formulas.
- To promote collective enterprise linked to transformational social innovation.
- To foster technical innovation at the service of social and environmental transformation.
- To decentralise economic development policies.
- To convert the city into a world benchmark for a new sustainable social and economic model.
To support a socially committed productive network.
- Plans for district economic development.
- Plan for commercial decentralisation and assistance to the city's areas most in need of boosting commerce.
- Metropolitan strategy for promoting short production and consumption circuits.
- Metropolitan strategy for economic promotion.