Walking: hiking cycles
Walking is a natural physical activity that brings great benefits to the health of people of all ages, and a habit that increases day to day among the people of Barcelona.
Tips before starting physical activity:
- Avoid extreme cold or heat hours, protect yourself from the sun (hat, sunglasses, sunblock, etc.).
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes suitable for the activity, do not get too warm.
- Go at a pace that allows you to breathe in a compact way.
- Do not make abundant meals prior to the activity. Bring plenty of water to drink before, during and after the route, especially if the distance is long.
- Stretch out after activity.
- Respect road safety regulations.
- A pedometer can be useful (if the circuit is not marked) to measure the steps and the distance day by day and see how it improves. It is convenient, however, to carry a watch during the activity.
Begin slowly, and increase intensity:
- The first 2 months: walk 20 minutes daily, 3 times a week alternately, increasing by minutes every week.
- The 3rd month: walk 40-45 minutes daily, 4 times a week alternately, increasing minutes each week.
- The 4th month: walk 5 times per week, increasing minutes every week until you reach 60 minutes per day.
- Maintenance: keep 60 minutes daily, 5 to 7 days a week, with the aim of increasing the rhythm to do the same route in less time.