Art and Nature in Creation Grants 2020
Lleida City Council, through the Centre d’Art la Panera, annually announces Art and Nature in Creation grants, in collaboration with the Centre d’Art i Natura de Farrera, in order to promote research and creation in the field of visual arts.
Full information on this call can be found here.
Visual artists of any nationality with ongoing or unpublished projects.
Length of the residency
Until the 31st de July of 2020
The Art and Nature in Creation grants involve a stay to research and work at the Centre d’Art i Natura de Farrera (Farrera Art and Nature Center). The duration of the stay is two months, to be enjoyed during the year 2020, with the exception of July and August. The Centre d’Art i Natura de Farrera offers work space plus food and accommodation (single room).
The Art and Nature in Creation grants endowment is €8,000. It will be divided into two grants of €4,000 (taxes included), shared between the two selected projects. The amount corresponding to each grant is distributed as follows:
€ 2,000 (taxes included) for production
€ 2,000 (taxes included) for fees
Art and Nature in Creation grants are individual and non-transferable. Artist collectives will have to agree on how to share the accommodation and food allowances among the members of the group at the Centre d’Art i Natura de Farrera.
Obligations of the recipients
- To comply with the general and private rules of the Centre d’Art i Natura de Farrera and the La Panera Art Center.
- To present the project carried out and completed at the Centre d’Art i Natura de Farrera and, where applicable, at La Panera, at the end of the residency and on the date agreed upon jointly during the stay.
- To present a report on the work carried out, including a short report on personal experience, to the Centre d’Art i Natura de Farrera and to La Panera.
- To present the financial justification of the €2,000 (taxes included) destined for production to the Centre d’Art i Natura de Farrera and to La Panera.
- To state the participation of both centers in any type of publication, regardless of the medium, that is carried out in relation to the project derived from the grant obtained, by including the corresponding logos, preceded by the words “With the collaboration of ”.
The winning projects of the Art and Nature in Creation grants will be presented in Farrera within the year of the call. The La Panera Art Center reserves the right to schedule an exhibition to present them in the city of Lleida.
The jury for the Art and Nature in Creation grants will be made up of contemporary art specialists and the specific composition of the members of the jury will be published in due course on the Lleida City Council website (www.paeria.cat/cultura) well before the end of the originals submission period.
Submission deadline: Until the 31st of July of 2020
Resolution: 24th of August of 2020
Submission of applications
Creators interested in Art and Nature in Creation grants must submit the following documents:
- ID or passport photocopies
- Updated CV with personal data: full name, address, telephone, email ...
- Project to be developed during the stay at the Centre d’Art i Natura de Farrera.
- Dossier with recent projects
- Suggested dates for the stay during the year 2020.
All documentation must be submitted in a DIN A4 graphic dossier and in a PDF file no larger than 500 MB. Any complement deemed appropriate may be added to this documentation.
Projects must be submitted during opening hours to:
Registre de l’Oficina Municipal d’Atenció Ciutadana (Ajuntament de Lleida)
Rambla Ferran, 32