Exchange grants between Bòlit and la Chambre Blanche and Rad'art
Professional visual artists, national and international, of legal age, who want to develop a "site specific" project in the field of contemporary art at the two
artists' residency exchange centers.
Bòlit Residència Girona Creativa - exchange Residency aims to promote local artists contemporary production and creation by developing two artistic residency projects in the following modalities:
1) La Chambre Blanche (Québec): from 15th September to 28th November 2020
Proposals to participate in the exchange with La chambre Blanche will pay special attention to digital arts. http://www.chambreblanche.qc.ca/fr/
La Chambre Blanche: the living space is located in the La Chambre Blanche building. It has 47m², a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen and a shower. It is equipped with the necessary linen and household equipment. Wi-fi connection. The space will be clean and tidy at the beginning of each residence.
2) Associazione Artéco – Projecte Rad’Art (Itàlia): from 15th October to 15th November 2020
Those interested in carrying out the Rad’Art Project residency will pay special attention to adapting their proposal to the characteristics of the center.
Rad’Art Project: Rad’Art Project’s operational center is a 200m² building, recently restored and organised over two floors, the ground floor as a workshop and the first floor for accommodation. It stems from Mental Permanent Factory, a project by Catalan artist Anton Roca, who has lived in Italy for more than 25 years. The Rad’Art Center operates from San Romano de Mercato Saraceno - a comune (municipality) in the province of Forlì-Cesena in the Emilia-Romagna region. San Romano is a small town located in the Apennines, in the Romagna area, and because it is a secluded and discreet place set in a natural context of great environmental and landscape value, it is ideal for hosting artistic and cultural activities.
It is an open space that visitors can freely access while the resident artist is at work there, in order to follow their work process. This generates moments of encounter and artistic and cultural exchange, as well as establishing a relationship with the territory. The artist is invited to seek the local people’s participation in his/her creative discourse as well as in the work process.
Length of the residency
Projects will be carried out during the following periods:
- La Chambre Blanche: from 15th September to 28th November 2020
- Projecte Rad’Art: from 15th October to 15th November 2020
Bòlit, Centre d'Art Contemporani
Plaça Pou Rodó 7-9
La Chambre Blanche
185, rue Christophe-Colomb Est
Associazione Artéco - Projecte Rad'Art
via Mulino di sopra 6
47025 Mercato Saraceno (FC)
From 13th June until 13th July 2020
Endowment and benefits
1. Financial endowment of the two grants
- The amount of the grant for La Chambre Blanche is € 3.100, of which € 1.500 corresponds to living expenses and € 1,000 to the development of the project. There is also a grant of € 600 to cover travel expenses.
- The amount of the grant for Rad’Art of the Associazione Artéco is € 1.650, of which € 500 corresponds to living expenses and € 1.000 to the development of the project. There is also a grant of € 150 to cover travel expenses.
- Residency space in La Chambre Blanche for the established period between September 15th and November 28th, 2020.
- Residency space in Rad’Art Project for the established period between October 15th and November 15th, 2020.
3. Professional support
Bòlit offers monitoring and advice throughout the period of the residency exchange.
4. Hosting centers’ support
The hosting centers will offer the artists follow-up, advice and support throughout the residency period.
The grant will be compatible with any other municipal grant and with those granted by other administrations or public or private bodies, whether national or international, provided that the sum of the grants does not exceed the total cost of the project.
Grants will be used to carry out the projects for which they have been awarded.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee made up of:
- The director of Bòlit, Mrs. Carme Sais or the person replacing her in the position
- Two intermediary level technicians from Bòlit, Centre d'Art Contemporani. Girona, Mrs. Farners Cabra Piris and Mrs. Diana Sans Fraile
- A technician from the Culture area, Mrs. Laura Merino Compte
The grant will be awarded to the applicant who obtains the best assessment once the objective criteria determined in the following section has been applied.
To assess the applications submitted, only the following criteria will be taken into account and evaluated as follows:
- Artistic career (maximum 3 points)
- Innovative and creative proposals, plus the ability to connect with the context in which the residency takes place (maximum 2 points)
- Proposals for outreach activities and actions included in the project that make their contents accessible to the surroundings and local agents (maximum 2 points)
- Technical and economic viability of the project (maximum 3 points)
Due to the state of alarm caused by Covid-19, the way and place in which the projects are meant to be presented will not be done in accordance with the regulations as stipulated. The documentation can only be submitted electronically, at the municipal website (https://seu.girona.cat/portal/girona_ca), attaching the documentation described in the regulations:
- Application form signed by the interested party
- The following documentation will be submitted in Catalan and/or English, so that the centers participating in the exchange can evaluate it:
● Applicant’s artistic curriculum
● Motivational letter
● Dossier with an explanation of the most interesting recent artistic projects
● Basic idea or creative concept of the artistic project and possible production costs, if it is feasible to produce the work
● Proposal of activities to be carried out or Proposal of space and materials needed to be used additionally, if applicable