Long stay as a curator in Hangar (up to 2 years)
The call to apply for a long stay residency as a curator (up to 2 years) is now open.
Hangar opens a new residence modality for curatorial projects, offering a space located in the centre’s studios. For this purpose, Hangar makes available to this residence the set of tools available in the centre with the intention of supporting the practice of the resident, as well as generating synergies and enabling the meeting between the different agents who live in the centre and the action area of Hangar.
As in the case of the artistic ones, this curatorial residence will have a presentation in the framework of Paratext of its process and possible results (non-exhibitive).
Places available: 1
Closing date: 26 January 2020 at midnight.
Duration of residence: from May 2020 to April 2022.
Selection result: end of February 2020.
Interviews to the pre-selections: mid-February 2020.
Cost of residence: 65 €/month + VAT.
Deposit: 2 monthly payments to be returned at the end of the stay.
The selection will be made by the Hangar Programme Commitee.
A table of 2×1 m2 in a shared studio of 30m2.
- Work table, electric socket, water tap, internet connection (wi-fi), communal kitchen, showers and heating.
- Long-stay residents can use the following services free of charge: digital image laboratory and video editing booth, Hangar spaces (sets and multipurpose room) and audiovisual equipment rental. In addition, they can participate for free in the workshops and activities that take place in Hangar; as well as receive advice on production from Hangar’s team of professionals.
- Hangar provides this residence with a €2,000 bag for production costs related to research as well as for an edition to be agreed, understood in its multiple possible formats.
The application will be sent in pdf format in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line «Convocatoria comisariado Hangar 2020».
The document must contain:
- Personal data (Full name, date and place of birth, ID or passport number, e-mail contact, telephone contact).
- Research lines of the curator’s work (maximum 2500 characters, spaces included).
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2500 characters, spaces included).
- Letter of motivation (maximum 2500 characters, spaces included).
- Dossier (up to a maximum of 6 images with their technical files belonging to the last works carried out).
- Personal web URL (if available).
Basic evaluation criteria
- The presentation of all documents and materials requested by the call, in the format requested and with the recommended length.
- The conformity of the personal material that is presented to the specific conditions of the call.
- The adequacy between the applicant’s experience and practice with the Hangar context.
- Curricular or practical training.
- The clarity of the documentation presented and the defence of the application during the interview.
Any curator, of any nationality, can opt for the residence of long-stay curator. The expenses of the trip and stay in Barcelona as well as the rent of the studio are the responsibility of the selected person.