In June of 2015 the Catalan Parliament approved the new law of Catalan cooperative that regulates, protects and fosters the cooperatives movement. The objectives and novelties of this law are presented in 5 statements.
- To foster the creation of new cooperatives
- Reinforce the ways of internal financing
- Improve the corporate management
- Reach a major dimension of the cooperative sector
- Simplify and eliminate charges
Currently, exist in Catalonia around 4000 cooperatives of different types, and in fact, cooperative structures have a large trajectory in the Catalan territory.
If you are interested in knowing more about different techniques to stimulate the creation of cooperatives you can consult some documents which explain the different sections of this new law.