The awards recognise initiatives or commercial establishments which stand out for their profile, innovation and contribution to commercial prestige.
The National Commerce Prizes by the Government of Catalonia recognise people with establishments in Catalonia which stand out for their commercial initiative. The awards also take into account people’s contribution to commerce, particularly at a local urban level.
The period for entries has been extended until 5 August 2019 and four different categories have been established.
- Best Business Initiative (candidates: natural or legal persons).
- Best Local Collective Initiative (candidates: local commerce entities and services) and Best Sectoral Collective Initiative (candidates: purchasing centres, associations, commercial federations, guilds and services).
- National Commerce Prize, with 10,000 euros in prize money (only open to candidates entered in one of the previous categories).
- Public Management Award in the commercial sector (candidates: municipal councils and other public entities).
In terms of the Awards for Centenarian Establishments by the Government of Catalonia, the goal is to recognise active establishments and municipal markets which have offered quality personalised service to their customers for over a hundred years. There are two categories in this case:
- For establishments dating back a hundred years or more.
- For establishments demonstrating 150 years or more of history.