The process to define the characteristics of the development of the Fabra i Coats complex is finalised, thanks to the participation of five hundred Sant Andreu residents.
The participative process that deliberated on how the development of the Fabra i Coats complex should be undertaken reached its end with the presentation of a conclusion document to the Monitoring Committee in charge of the process.
The document is structured into five guiding principles, which emerged over the course of the participative process:
- The complex as a square for citizen use, with versatile and flexible urban furnishings.
- The complex as an entertainment space, with areas for games and leisure use.
- The complex as a healthy space, with fountains and a rich plant ecosystem.
- The complex as an inclusive, safe space, closed to traffic and boasting a system of adapted pathways and an accessible, easy-to.understand, and adjustable information system.
- The complex as acommunity space, that preserves its historic heritage and makes a range of uses compatible, through an improvement in the functionality of this space.
These conclusions are the result of 15 participative actions that were carried out through the platform Decidim Barcelona, with more than 500 participants, of whom almost 200 were children and teenagers from the complex’s teams.
All of the educational, social, and cultural teams that co-exist at Fabra i Coats actively participated in this process; these included La Filadora Nursery School, Can Fabra School, Martí i Pous Secondary School, la Fàbrica de Creació [The Creation Factory], the Catalan-language-normalisation Centre (CNL), as well as the entities headquartered there, such as the Associació d’Amics de la Fabra i Coats [Friends of the Fabra i Coats Association], la Colla Castellera Jove [Youth Human Tower Group], and l’Associació Centre Pont del Dragó [Dragon Point Association Centre].
In the coming weeks, the conclusion document will be published, and it will be transferred to the architectural studies that are presented in response to the request for project proposals for the development of the Fabra i Coats complex.