The International Association for Time Use Research has published on its website all the contents exposed during the 40th Conference “Time for us – Celebrating time”, held in October 2018, at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Budapest.
Among all the presentations, which can already be accessed through the web link of the 40th IATUR Conference, highlight the interventions of the Barcelona City Council and the Generalitat of Catalonia where the most relevant programs are set out in time policies in our country:
- Doctor Sara Berbel, General Director of Barcelona Activa and Manager of Economic Policy and Local Development of the Barcelona City Council: The Strategy of Time in Barcelona. The Barcelona Time Pact, a city commitment to an organization of the most healthy, egalitarian and efficient time, is exposed, the NUST (New Social Uses of Time) Business Network, formed by 120 organizations that exchange innovative practices in terms of time and reconciliation, the Barcelona Prize to the innovative company in conciliation and time, and the Mentoring Service in Organization of Time where companies with expertise and recognized career in the field of time organization bring their knowledge, experience and support to Other companies in the city that want to learn and advance in this area, voluntarily and personalized.
- Alexis Serra, coordinator for the Impulse of the Horary Reform of the Generalitat of Catalonia, and Fabian Mohedano, promoter of the Half Hour Reform Initiative: Government of Catalonia: the pact for the Time Reform. They expose the Pact for the Hourly Reform in Catalonia, signed by 109 entities and economic and social agents, also signed by the City Council of Barcelona and that will mark the course of the Government of Catalonia around 2025.
In addition, we highlight the following conferences presented for their scientific interest and international vision that offer us the regulation of time through programs, strategies and different approaches to research:
- Paternal Domestic Work: When Fathering Is More Than Time with Children
- Harmonised European Time Use Survey (HETUS): The Three HETUS Waves 2000, 2010 and 2020.
- 50 years of change updated: Cross-national trends in housework and childcare
- Time Constraints and Patterns of Leisure Time Consumption: Differences between Women and Men
- Analysis of Flexibility in Working Hours by Activity Sectors. Implications for Productivity and Family Life
- Time Spent on In-Home and Out-of-Home Activities, Travel and Life Satisfaction of the Elderly
- Parental Time with Children: Measurement, Trends, and Consequences
- Relationships Between Uses and Perceptions of Time, Digital Technologies and Environment
- Everyday Life of Teachers in 150 years. Capturing the Complexity of the Working Lives of Teachers in Flanders (Belgium) Through a 7-day Time Diary.
- The Quantity-Quality Tradeoff: a Cross-Country Comparison of Unpaid Care Time Investments Per Child in Relation to Fertility
- Innovative tools and services for data collection – Harmonised European Time Use Survey (HETUS)
- Attitudes Towards Family Leave Sharing Between Mothers and Fathers – Comparison of 21 European Countries
- LFS&TUS: How Long Do We Work?
- Forms of Telecommuting, Travel Time and Hours Worked: Getting More Work Time Out of Workers?
- What Does Your Time Mean? Some Critical Remarks on the Classification of Activities