More Sustainable Facilities and Neighbourhoods
The More Sustainable Neighbourhoods programme shares the city strategic vision with each area, to bring maximum coherence between the policies promoted, municipal initiatives in districts and neighbourhoods and the messages that reach city residents.
It is through territorial benchmarks and local interventions that the culture of sustainability is being promoted, city residents are being empowered and opportunities and tools are being offered for involvement in specific projects for improving the city and its neighbourhoods.
One of the most visible street-level resources we have are the various public facilities creating activities for everyone interested in getting involved in sustainability in their neighbourhood.
Venues where activities, workshops, talks, resources and strategies are being planned for promoting citizen participation and empowerment to make more sustainable Neighbourhoods and, through these, a more habitable city.
Barcelona has facilities with a generic range of activities and services for all city residents, as well as other, district facilities geared more towards the specific reality of each neighbourhood:
Environmental city facilities::
Environmental district facilities for more direct interventions in areas:
- Ciutat Vella (part of the La Fàbrica del Sol programme)
- Eixample (Aula Ambiental de la Sagrada Família)
- Les Corts (Centre Cívic Can Deu)
- Sarrià-Sant Gervasi (Vil.la Urània and CC Vázquez Montalban)
- Gràcia (Aula ambiental del Bosc Turull)
- Horta Guinardó (Centre de Natura de Can Soler)
- Nou Barris (Casa de l’Aigua and Castell de Torre Baró)
- Sant Andreu (Aula Ambiental de Trinitat Vella)