The Technology Park Fab Lab is a venue located in the Nou Barris Technology Park (Barcelona Activa) that aims to foster the development of advanced industries. Within this context, the Fab Lab provides a digital manufacturing learning venue for social and educational innovation, with enterprise as the cross-cutting theme.
The Fab Lab’s goals are based on building bridges between digital manufacturing and the education community, from children and young people to the neighbourhood’s community fabric. In addition, there is a wish to boost the Fab Lab’s value as a place of technological and educational innovation. It should be a place for progressing towards social transformation through new technologies as tools for solving everyday or community problems and challenges.
The Fab Lab provides specialist training to the teaching community, training its members by means of digital manufacturing visits and activities for children and young people from both schools and organisations, as well as supporting members of the public in the design and implementation of their projects.
At the Fab Labs we bring technology closer to people we provide support for projects we share knowledge by making qualified people available to you together with the necessary machinery.
Machinery the Fab Lab is equipped with
- Sigma BCN3D / (Fdm) 3D printer
- Witbox / (Fdm) 3D printer
- MakerBot Replicator 2 (FDM) 3D printer
- BCN3D+ (FDM) 3D printer (x2)
- UP+2 / (Fdm) 3D printer
- Formlabs Form 2 / resin SLA printer
ENGRAVING AND CUTTING
- Epilog Fusion (500 x 800 mm) laser cutter
- Roland CAMM-1GS 24 / vinyl cutter plotter
- Roland MDX-50 / desktop CNC mill
- 3D printer pen
- Sense 3D scanner
- Educational robotics learning kits: Microbit, Makey, Little Bits, Arduino.
- Soldering iron for electronics
- Miscellaneous tools: screwdriver, marquetry saw, pliers, etc.
Educational robotics learning kits
BCN3D+ (FDM) 3D printer
Roland MDX-50 / desktop CNC mill
Sigma BCN3D / (Fdm) 3D printer
MakerBot Replicator 2 (FDM) 3D printer
UP+2 / (Fdm) 3D printer
Talladora laser Epilog Fusion
Witbox / (Fdm) 3D printer
Formlabs Form 2 / resin SLA printer