La Central del Circ
Moll de la Vela, 2
08930 Sant Adrià del Besòs (Barcelona)
Metro: L4 (Maresme Fòrum)
Bus: V31, 43, 141, B23
Tram: T4 (Fòrum)
Monday to Friday, from 10:00 to 20:00
By the sea under the large solar panel in el Fòrum, La Central del Circ welcomes circus artists and circus arts creators from around the world and supports their projects.
La Central del Circ is a space for creation, research, physical training, rehearsal and ongoing education aimed at circus art professionals. The mission of La Central del Circ is to provide support to the circus arts and projects related to their creation, management, production and dissemination by promoting the development of the circus and its creators while generating synergies with other arts and encouraging interaction through local, national and international networks.
To offer circus professionals a space for creation by providing them with the necessary resources for training and rehearsing in adequate conditions.
To ensure the continuation of circus creation in Barcelona by becoming a space where artists can experiment with ideas and content and find resources for creation.
To promote the improvement and development of artists through ongoing training.
To promote the blending of knowledge and interaction among artists.
To become a dissemination platform for companies and artists and to reinforce their connections with the outside world through participation in local, national and international networks that will foster interaction with other circus creation and dissemination centres.
To strengthen the bond between the space and the territory by bringing the circus closer to the citizens and promoting the creation of new audiences.
- 2 rooms:
- General training room, 650 m². Room is also fitted with trusses and feature 9 m high ceilings and technical flooring.
- Body work area, 125 m². Linoleum flooring, bars and a mirror to work on movement and dance. There is a space devoted to physical training, equipped with fitness and bodybuilding machines.
- 4 rooms of various heights and sizes are available for rehearsing and creating circus performances. All four rooms are fitted with anchor points, trusses and technical flooring to allow almost any discipline to be practised.
- Small creation room, 66 m²
- Trapezoidal creation room, 111 m²
- Rectangular creation room, 130 m²
- Triangular creation room, 170 m²
- Music room, 71 m²
- Soundproof room with linoleum flooring
- A room devoted to experimentation with the staging of shows. It is equipped with sound and lighting systems and all anchor points necessary for putting on a circus show. The room is soundproofed and boasts a usable height of 7.28 m. The stage can be configured as a circus arena or as an Italian theatre stage and is equipped with detachable seating risers. Can also function as an exhibition room for previews and for performances of work-in-progress projects. It features dressing rooms and all other technical requirements necessary for putting on shows.
- A 222 m² room
- Furnished (chairs, tables, screen and projector) for presentations and talks.
Office and meeting space
Workshop for working on materials
Terrace or outdoor patio
International programmes and activities
Spaces for rent
Materials for rent
Seminars and talks
Professional gatherings for circus disciplines
Workshops and laboratories
The space that houses La Central del Circ is a closed structure that sits under the promenade of Barcelona’s Parc del Fòrum. This park was built in 2004 for the Universal Forum of Cultures in Barcelona. More specifically, the space is situated directly underneath the solar panel and previously hosted the Inhabiting the World exhibition during the Fòrum, which explored the theme of the sustainability of the relationships between people and space.
Xavier Ruscalleda and Marta Lorenzo