Long-Term Workshop Residency at Hangar
Hangar is launching a call for applications for workshop residencies of up to 2 years in length.
Any artist of any nationality can apply for short-term residencies. Travel and accommodation costs as well as the rental charge of the workshop are the responsibility of the artist.
Length of Residency
Seven workshops will be available from May 2020-April 2022
C. Emilia Coranty, 16
26 January 2020, 11:59pm
Rent of workshop: 130.26 €/month (VAT included)
Deposit: 2 months (returnable at end of residency)
30 m² spaces for individual use and 60 m² ones shared between two artists.
Work tables, electrical power socket, water point, internet connection (Wi-Fi), communal kitchen, showers and heating.
Long-term resident artists can make use of the following services free of charge: digital image and video-editing lab, Hangar spaces (sets and polyvalent room) and rent of audio-visual material. In addition, they may participate free of charge in workshops and activities that take place at Hangar, as well as receive production advice from Hangar’s professional team. Video artists, thanks to the agreement between Hangar and Hamaca, may include a piece of video art in the distribution catalogue.
Selection will be made by Hangar’s Scheduling Committee.
- Submission of all documentation and materials requested by the call for applications in the format required and of the recommended length.
- Suitability of the personal material submitted to the specific conditions of the residency, whether in terms of availability of workshops or existence of an exchange grant.
- Clarity with which the information presented is explained, in writing and with visual material.
- Overall quality of the project.
- Professional attitude of the artist in the description or defence of their project (in writing or in interview).
Application Submission Deadline: 26 January 2020, 11:59pm
Decision: mid-February 2020
The application must be sent in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Convocatòria taller estada llarga Hangar 2020”. The document must include:
- Personal details (Full name, date and place of birth number of DNI/identity card or passport, email and telephone contact details).
- Artist Statement: this is not a biography but rather a brief account of the artistic identity of the project, its distinguishing thematic, theoretical and formal features (2500 characters maximum, spaces included).
- CV (2500 characters maximum, spaces included).
- Personal statement/covering letter (2500 characters maximum, spaces included).
- Graphic Dossier (a maximum of 6 images with their technical specs).
- URL (only for videos). This field is optional if you have added images to the graphic dossier, obligatory if you have not added images. Write one unique URL for one video or piece of animation (web personal, Vimeo, Youtube, Blip.tv or any other). The committee will examine a maximum of 5 minutes of video.
- URL personal website.
Tel. +34 93 308 4041 ext. 21