1. Agile and digital transformation
Transformation of public administration
The digital transformation of Barcelona City Council's management processes into a more responsive system is a stra-tegic project promoted by the IMI (Municipal Institution of Information Technology), which focuses on the transformation of the public administration to improve management processes and citizen services and make them more efficient.
The project includes establishing open digital service standards and optimising the strategic projects of the current government's mandate, as well as adapting it to the new legal and procedural framework for the digitalisation of the public sector.
It also includes its development to ensure that ICT infrastructures and applications evolve correctly and in this way support every single one of the projects in the Plan.
2. Data in common
An open, distributed and public data infrastructure
This project aims to develop an open, distributed and public infrastructure of city data, at the same time as developing a strategy that involves citizens, companies, communities and the academic world, with a clear policy that promotes democracy.
The project includes:
• CityOS: a cross-cutting platform for the management and analysis of the city's data, which will be developed and launched within the framework of this project.
• Sentilo: city platform of sensors and actuators installed and supported by an active and diverse community that be-lieves in the use of open standards and free software.
• Ecosystem of open city data: The creation of a group of producers and users of open city data will be promoted to enhance the analysis and use of new sets of data, to create storage infrastructures and support tools, as well as essen-tial services for their interpretation and application, always maximising public and social benefits.
• DECODE: Barcelona will initiate, as a pilot experience, a distributed and open infrastructure for the management on the internet of citizens' identity data, allowing them to manage access to this information, in a granular and flexible way, by third parties.