This local service, specialized in international mobility, has been working since 1989. It provides information and advice on immigration, international protection, emigration and voluntary return to all residents living in the city of Barcelona.
Barcelona City Council shares management of this specialised public service free of charge together with a variety of social organisations:
- Associació d'Ajuda Mútua d'Immigrants a Catalunya (AMIC/UGT)
- Associació per a l'Orientació, Formació i Inserció de Treballadors Estrangers (CITE)
- Consorci per a la Normalització Lingüística (CPNL)
- Creu Roja
- Il·lustre Col·legi de l'Advocacia de Barcelona (ICAB)
How to access this service
In order to have access and advice from the SAIER regarding Barcelona's reception resources and international mobility procedures, it is necessary to first go through an evaluation process, so that a specialist is able to get to know the case and then provide the appropriate guidance and the appointments needed.
Those interested in having this attention service, which will be carried out by telephone, should ask for an appointment for an interview through this link.
This service is also available at SAIER’s office located at c/ Tarragona, 141, where a face-to-face service is provided without the need to have a previous appointment to those people who are in a vulnerable situation and need an urgent social or legal attention service. These services are dealt with on the first come, first served basis, Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. There will also be a maximum number of people served per day.
In order to make a first assessment of a possible emergency situation, it is advised that you come to the office as early in the morning as possible.
Those situations that do not meet the criteria of emergency will be dealt with through the ordinary telephone appointment service.
Finally, the SAIER has a language interpretation service for those people who have been living in the country for less than two years and are not yet able to communicate fluently in the official languages.
Address and contact
Telephone appointment service is available, Monday to Thursday, from 9 am to 3 pm and from 4pm to 7pm, also Friday from 9am to 3pm.
Emergency services will be provided on a one-to-one basis up to a limited number per day, from 9 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon. In order to make a first assessment of a possible emergency situation, the centre advises that you should come to the office as early in the morning as possible, so that your case can be heard.
Foreign nationals who have immigrated to Barcelona will find the following resources at SAIER:
- Reception and general information about the city of Barcelona.
- Document processing related to immigration.
- Legal advice on immigration process.
- Social reception service for people who have just arrived in the city of Barcelona and also the city residents.
- Job training and employment advice and service.
- Schooling studies and driving licence legalisation.
Those people who live in the city of Barcelona and who wish to apply for the International Protection in Spain, according to the asylum rights, will be able to find at the SAIER:
- Guidance and legal assistance in matters relating to the International Protection.
- Social reception service for applicants who have just arrived and are applying for the International Protection.
- Legal advice and processing in case of asylum denials.
Other consultation services
- Information and advice for those people living in Barcelona and who wish to start the emigration process.
- Guidance for Spanish people who have returned to Barcelona.
- Information and advice for people who are interested in starting the process of voluntary return to their country of origin.
- Catalan language course for foreigners. In order to get information about courses and enrollment, you should write to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 933 428 080.