The BCN Diverse City Gathering is a festive participatory, rights-demanding event organised every year by the Municipal Immigration Council to help to build a pluralistic and cohesive city based on recognition of diversity, good community relations with interaction between entities and citizens, breaking down stereotypes and promoting equal rights and opportunities.
It has been taking place for a number of years now, with lots of organisations and many people taking part, and has become a big event on the city’s autumn calendar. Its aim is to show civic diversity and interculturality, highlighting the richness that immigration and its organisations represents. It is also intended to raise awareness of and develop the specific theme chosen each year by the CMIB.
Migrants and Ageing
In 2019, more than 50 entities and more than 400 collaborators are participating in the preparation of more than 70 recreational and protest activities in various spaces:
- Family workshops and games and the children's area of the Play center
- Various activities around the tents
- The stage, with music, dance and theatre shows, etc.
- The auditorium, with roundtables, talks, cinema...
- The Living Library
- Information Point
- Exhibition space with photo montages
- And the Reading of the Manifesto