Commission for promoting the achievement of the 2030 Agenda
The commission for promoting the achievement of the 2030 Agenda is a cross-cutting strategic space created to align municipal policies with the SDGs, to measure and analyse the evolution of the city with respect to the SDGs and to promote the inter-departmental collaboration required to advance in their achievement.
Its functions are as follows:
- The establishment and validation of the objectives and targets that embody Barcelona City Council’s commitment to the 2030 Agenda’s 17 SDGs.
- Establishment and validation of a system of indicators that allow the regular evaluation of the degree of accomplishment of the planned targets, as well as the comparison of the results obtained by Barcelona and other cities, on both a national and an international scale.
- Coordination of the 2030 Agenda with the long- and mid-term municipal public policy strategies, especially those of a cross-cutting nature.
- Find common ground among the main projects and strategies carried out in each sector to implement the 2030 Agenda, including communication and participation actions.
- Formulation and later evaluation of shared projects for the promotion or implementation of the 2030 Agenda developed among more than one sector with the possible collaboration of other public or private entities.
Resolution establishing the Commission for the promotion and implementation of the 2030 Agenda (in catalan)
Chair: Third Deputy Mayor's Office
Vice-chair: Commissioner for the 2030 Agenda
- Chief Executive
- Director of the Municipal Data Office
- Head of the Gender Mainstreaming Department
- Manager of the Area of Economy, Resources and Economic Promotion
- Manager of Resources
- Manager of People and Organisational Development
- Manager of Barcelona Activa SA
- Director of Cooperative, Social and Solidarity Economy
- Head of the Department for Coordinating the Communication Network
- Manager’ of the Area for Urban Ecology
- Manager of Mobility and Infrastructures
- Manager of the Barcelona Local Energy Agency
- Director of Strategic Services and Sustainability Culture
- Manager of the 2030 Agenda, Digital Transition and Sports Area
- Manager of Innovation and Digital Transition
- Director of Citizen Information and Assistance Services
- Manager of the Area for Social Rights, Global Justice, Feminism and LGBTI Affairs
- Director of Global Justice and International Cooperation
- Director of Services for Children, Young People and Senior Citizens
- Manager of the Public Health Agency
- Manager of Safety and Prevention
- Manager of Culture, Education, Science and Community
- Manager of the Barcelona Municipal Institute of Education
- Manager of Territorial Coordination and Proximity
- Les Corts District Manager
- Eixample District Manager
- Horta-Guinardó District Manager
Secretary: Technical Programming Office/Office of the Commissioner of the 2030 Agenda
- Minutes of the meetings: The Commission meets on average three times a year. You can request the minutes of the meetings at email@example.com
- Internal consultation process for indicators and best practices (for the 2021 report)