Barcelona 2030 Agenda Awards
Commitment to the United Nations 2030 Agenda is one of the main government priorities of the 2019-2023 municipal mandate. Meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) implies a transformation of production and consumption systems, as well as of public policy; a transformation that can only be achieved through joint action by all the institutions, and with the participation of economic and social agents and city residents.
In this context and in this spirit, Barcelona City Council has created the Agenda 2030 BCN Awards, with the aim of both recognising and raising awareness of innovative initiatives with a measurable impact on meeting Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Barcelona.
In addition to recognising and rewarding the most outstanding projects and initiatives, the Agenda 2030 BCN Awards aim to create an annual space for meeting, reflection and mutual recognition for citizens and all those who are part of the political, business, academic and social fabric involved with the objectives of the 2030 Agenda. By generating awareness of the applications received for the awards, and showcasing the winners, we will be contributing to raising profiles and implementing innovative actions.
Lastly, the Agenda 2030 BCN Awards also aim to contribute to the international positioning of the city of Barcelona as a benchmark in terms of the work done by cities in order to meet the SDGs, with the ultimate goal of becoming a leading city in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda, and a mouthpiece for inspirational initiatives in other cities around the world.
An independent jury made up of representatives from institutions of proven prestige in matters of sustainability will be responsible for the judging.
- Modality 10: Award to the city with the best practices for the achievement of the SDGs
Applications open for local authorities from any country of the world with jurisdiction in an area with more than 50,000 inhabitants.
Contact email for interested cities: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application period will start on 26 April and will remain open until 14 June.
In order to facilitate and speed up both the submission and receipt of applications, the registration system is digital.
All the information is available on the Agenda 2030 BCN Awards website, as well as at the Barcelona City Council's Virtual Procedures Office.
Before submitting an application, please consult the rules of the Agenda 2030 BCN Awards to check the eligibility requirements.
Consult the specifications at this link.
WINNERS OF THE 2022 EDITION
Here at the Barcelona 2030 Agenda we are pleased to announce that the winners of the 2022 edition were:
Business Initiatives Category
- Category 1: Award for the best contribution to the SDGs made in an SME
- Winner: Bus4.me - The open bus-on-demand platform
- Category 2: Award for the best contribution to the SDGs by a large business
- Winner: Climate Action Hub: towards open neutrality and resiliEnce - Aigües de Barcelona
- Category 3: Award for the best SDG awareness-raising campaign promoted by a business
- Winner: Barcelona Zona Franca Women’s Council
Social Initiatives Category
- Category 4: Award for the best contribution to the SDGs made in a non-profit organisation or through a citizen initiative
- Winner: Agenda Sarrià 2030. Sarrià Local Residents Association
- Category 5: Award for the best SDG awareness-raising campaign promoted by a non-profit organisation or through a citizen initiative
- Winner: I tu què tries? Jo trio comerç just. LaCoordi - comerç just i finances ètiques [And what do you choose? I choose fair trade]
- Category 6: Award for media providing the best coverage of SDG-related news
- Winner: 2030 Agenda in TVE’s news programmes. Anna Grimau Bigaire
- Category 7: Award for the best journalist report on SDGs published in Barcelona’s media
- Winner: ESPAI PÚBLIC 2030. Local Communication Network
Educational Projects Category
- Category 8: Award for the best contribution to the SDGs made in a primary school
- Winner: CUINES. Escola Octavio Paz
- Category 9: Award for the best contribution to the SDGs made in a secondary school
- Winner: Cap a una tribu global (Som el canvi). [Towards a global tribe (We are the change)] INS Rafael Casanova (Sant Boi del Llobregat)
- Category 10: Award for the city with the best practices for achieving the SDGs
- Winner: Viladecans City Council’s innovation model