Contract award committees
A contract award committee has been formed for contracts based on a framework agreement with a tender award (excluding VAT) of more than €50,000. There is an assessment body for all other contracts.
- When there is an assessment body, there is only one envelope in the bid and bids are not opened in public. Once the bids have been considered, a report with the assessment is published on the contract award platform. Bidders do not know who has submitted bids to the contract based on a framework agreement until the report is published.
- Depending on the type of assessment criteria, there are one or two contract award committees:
- Envelope AC for 100% automatic criteria => 1 committee
- Envelope AB + Envelope C => award proposal => 2 committees
The only public committee is the one containing the financial bid and the one with the automatic criteria => Envelope AC / Envelope C
This diagram shows the three assessment models based on the value of the contract:
Publication of the tender for contracts based on framework agreements
Invitations to tender for contracts based on framework agreements are sent through the contract award platform to the contact addresses provided when registering in the contract award platform.
The platform only allows invitations to be sent to a single contact e-mail address. Once the invitation has been received, other members of the company (representatives with and without authority to sign) can register for the tender.
Tenders for contracts based on a framework agreement are visible from the contract award platform: https://seuelectronica.ajuntament.barcelona.cat/licitacioelectronica
The following documents will be published on the platform for each contract based on a framework agreement:
- Technical report on the need for the contract based on the framework agreement
- Start of the procedure for the contract based on the framework agreement
- Decree A for the contract based on a framework agreement
- Technical specifications for the contract based on a framework agreement
- Administrative terms and conditions for the contract based on the framework agreement
- Annexes containing the Administrative Terms and Conditions (in Word so they can be filled in)
- Administrative document containing the framework agreement (SICE requires us to post it online. Otherwise, we would not include it, because companies already have four copies of it)
- Queries regarding conflicts of interest (if necessary)
Any notices there may be in relation to the tender will also be published.
Bidders must register to tender for the contract based on a framework agreement and designate the e-mail addresses for the receipt of notices and notifications.
Deadlines for submitting bids
Based on the award criteria for the contract based on a framework agreement and, therefore, on the complexity of the bid to be submitted, at least the following amount of time is provided for submitting bids:
Suppliers may request an extension to the deadline for the submission of bids, and the contracting body may decide, at its discretion, whether or not to extend it.
To request an extension, an e-mail must be sent to email@example.com with a copy for the reference e-mail address for queries about the tender previously provided in the specifications.
If the deadline is extended, you will be informed by means of an explanatory note on the contract award platform, as well as by means of an e-mail sent to the relevant contact person at the companies approved for that lot.