The primary goal of the ABITS Agency is to provide support for cis and trans women working as prostitutes in Barcelona, giving priority to those in especially vulnerable situations, in an integrated, comprehensive and coordinated way, so that they can find out about and exercise their rights under the same conditions as any other woman in the city.
It acts through six strategic response lines:
1. Knowledge of the situation
2. Providing care for women who carry out sex work on public streets.
3. Providing care for women who carry out sex work in closed spaces (premises, clubs and flats).
4. Designing and deploying programmes for social and occupational training and reemployment.
5. Detecting victims of human trafficking for sexual exploitation and coordinating with the unit fighting against human trafficking for sexual exploitation (created towards the end of 2016, the Human Trafficking Unit is attached to the Department of Feminism and LGBTI Affairs)
6. Coordinating institutional and community initiatives.