The Municipal LGBTI Council’s goals are to:
- Study, issue reports and draft proposals on issues it considers to be of interest to the associations and other Council and municipal players, so as to facilitate these changes and bring about a more civic and structured city through its citizens’ contributions.
- Contribute to and boost coordination between the institutions involved in all this, as well as push ahead with coordination and collaboration between entities, citizen associations, professional sectors and municipal representatives.
- Learn about and debate the municipal initiatives that are helping to promote contributions from lesbians, gays and transsexual men and women in every sphere (social, cultural, political, etc.) and specifically assist transsexual men and women, lesbians and gays suffering serious problems.
- Be the consultative body in processes for drafting byelaws that affect lesbians, gays and transsexual men and women, not just during periods of express public information but also during the drafting work itself.
- Analyse the situation the city finds itself in with respect to lesbians, gays and transsexuals and the initiatives that are being carried out here, as well as propose and promote initiatives relating to the studies and analyses which result from the realities that are detected.