The requirements are that:
- They work in the LGBTI sphere.
- Their area of action is Barcelona.
- They have the backing of one of the city’s LGBTI entities.
- Candidate entities be presented to the MLGBTIC and, once approved, will become full members.
- Applications for joining the Council may be submitted throughout the term of office; they will be periodically assessed for admission as stipulated under the Council's internal agreements.
- The Barcelona MLGBTIC has a set of internal organisation rules specifying the practical regulatory processes for running it. These rules are expected to be revised and updated over the coming months, based on the internal work that will be carried out with the MLGBTIC's entities in line with the Rules Governing Municipal Participation which are in the process of receiving final approval.