IBE Governing Board
WHAT IS IT?
The Governing Board of the Barcelona Sports Institute is the governance and management body that takes management decisions affecting how the institution works, among other things deciding on and approving annual budgets, economic management, personnel and contracts. This Board is made up of representatives from every municipal party group and one representative from trade union organisations present in the Institute.
• To approve the Institute's general plan and action programme and their amendments.
• To approve the expenditure, dispositions concerning own funds and assets and any contracts and agreements for amounts above 15% of the Institute's budget, as well as concessions that have a duration of over four years.
• To approve the stake in businesses, trading companies and other companies, as well as funds, organisations, foundations, associations or other national or foreign non-profit legal entities, whose aims are related to the Institute's objectives, and determine the amount by establishing the means and the conditions.
• To approve the formalisation of loans, credits, guarantees of payment or other guarantees or any financial instruments that serve its purposes.
• To approve the Institute's proposed annual budgets, staff members, list or catalogue of jobs and collective bargaining agreement, and to refer them to the responsible municipal body for their definitive approval.
• To approve the proposed balance sheet, profit and loss account and explanatory report for the Institute’s annual management and application of results, and to refer them to the responsible municipal body for their definitive approval.
• To approve the inventory of own and affiliated assets and rights, which must be remitted to the Municipal Manager's Office every year.
• To approve general action criteria concerning the Institute's staff, in accordance with the principles established in current employment and budget regulations, and the proposed remunerations submitted by the president of the Institute.
• To approve, on the proposal of the chair, the Institute's organisational structure, the naming and the removal / dismissal of the Council secretary and the personnel entrusted with the management of the organisational units that form the structure of the Institute.
• To ratify the exercising of legal or administrative actions and resources in defence of its interests and assets interposed by the administrator.
• To approve dossiers for altering the legal classification and for delimitation, concerning own assets in both cases.
David Escudé Rodríguez (PSC), Chair
Gemma Tarafa Orpinell (BC), Deputy Chair
Marc Serra Solé (BC), Board member
Elisenda Alamany Gutierrez (ERC), Board member
Francina Vila Valls (Junts per Catalunya), Board member
Alfredo Bergua Valls (PP), Board member
Jorge Amilibia Estrany (Barcelona pel Canvi), Board member
Xavier Patón Morales, Board member
Carlos Hornero Sánchez (PSC), Board member
Antoni Camps Campos (trade union), Board member
Susana Closa Castella (attendee without right to vote), administrator
Rafael Gimeno (attendee without right to vote), auditor
Manel Gómez València (attendee without right to vote), legal secretary