Sport during school hours
With the aim of promoting school-age sport and physical activity, the IBE offers the city's schoolchildren a series of physical-activity and sports programmes, through its “Schools Do Sports in the City” activity plan.
The main aim is to reach out to the entire population without discrimination and generate synergies between in-school activities and the city's sports stakeholders that organise out-of-school activities, as well as raising awareness about types of sport and activities that are not widely practised or those linked to a big event in the city.
- Projects are designed with school curriculums and specific needs in mind, based on the Barcelona Institute of Sports initiative for promoting sport and PE teachers at the city's schools.
- Information is provided in the School Activities Programme drawn up by Barcelona City Council's Pedogogical Coordination Council.
- Training sessions are held for teachers enrolled in the various programmes, with proposals for the educational content of each one.
- Teachers work with their students in schools. Specialist technical staff also collaborate on some projects during some sessions.
- The final activities are held.
- The process and the results are evaluated, with all the stakeholders involved, in order to redefine the programmes.
Teachers have to enrol via the School Activities Programme (PAE) website promoted by Barcelona City Council's Pedagogical Coordination Council.
The programme offers the following:
Teaching: theoretical and practical training for teachers, given by specialist technical sports personnel, with access to relevant teaching materials for working on the various sets of content.
Loan of sports equipment: a service for enrolled teachers, giving access to specific equipment, in order to provide support for carrying out each proposal or discipline.
Work with the students: specific practical sessions at the school or the sports facility, with PE teachers, and sometimes with specialised technical staff.
Final activity: get-together for each type of sport at the school, or in a city facility or public space, usually shared with students from other schools.
The aim of this service is to respond to requests from teachers who find themselves in complex situations with regard to the inclusion of students with disabilities during work at the school or in the final activity.
TRAINING FOR INCLUSION
Every year, a training plan for adapted physical activities and inclusive strategies is designed according to the needs that are detected.
LOAN OF ADAPTED MATERIALS
This service provides adapted materials for awareness-raising activities, with the aim of helping to develop empathy towards people with disabilities. There are also specific materials to ensure the participation of students with disabilities.
Schools, associations and sports organisations, among others, are offered a service for children and young people with disabilities who need a support person so that they can do a sports activity in an inclusive way.