Municipal Sports Council
WHAT IS IT?
The Barcelona Municipal Sports Council is a forum where the various players and stakeholders from Barcelona’s sports sector meet and participate.
Barcelona's Municipal Sports Council is a sectoral consultative and participatory body pertaining to Barcelona City Council.
It is also an instrument for furthering the promotion of sport and physical activity in the city.
The existence of the Municipal Sports Council is justified by the following aspects:
• Because of sport's vital importance for life in the city.
• Because thousands of Barcelona residents do sport every day in clubs, associations, facilities or simply in the city's streets and squares.
• Because of the explicit wish of sports stakeholders to participate in the sport taking place in the Catalan capital.
• In order to make the requests, problems and needs that affect various sports stakeholders in the city more visible, and to respond to them.
Barcelona's Municipal Sports Council is made up of the following bodies and participation forums:
The Full Council: the Municipal Sports Council's highest representational body. It meets at least twice a year. It is made up of representatives from the city’s various sports stakeholders.
The Chair: presides over the Municipal Sports Council.
The deputy chairs: the Council has two deputy chairs: the First Deputy Chair, proposed by the sports clubs, associations and organisations that are members of the Full Council, and the second proposed by the Chair of the Municipal Sports Council.
The Standing Committee: gives continuity to the Full Council and is the body in charge of producing proposed rulings and reports on matters that are the responsibility of the Full Council, for its approval, as well as those it may delegate. It normally meets at least once every three months. It is made up of a small number of Full Council members, representing the various individuals, political representatives, institutions, clubs, organisations, associations, federations, professional associations and municipal specialists that comprise the Council.
The Secretary: exercised by a municipal specialist designated by the Chair from among the municipal technical staff working in the area of sport. Their function is to attend the sessions, where they have a voice but not a vote, with the following aims:
- To advise all Council members on all subjects relating to the Council's goals and responsibilities and to provide them with technical support.
- To coordinate the mechanisms that ensure communication, coordination and relations with other municipal dependencies.
- To call the sessions, by order of the Chair.
- To take minutes of the sessions and issue certificates for the agreements adopted with the approval of the Chair.
- To safeguard and archive the minutes.
- To carry out the necessary communication actions.
- To comply with all other functions inherent in the post.
- To ensure the proper functioning of the working groups or committees.
Working groups: given the Council's diversity of functions and fields of action, and in order to achieve better performance, temporary working groups may be formed concerning various subjects that need to be studied or evaluated, and to present the results of their studies and reports to the Standing Committee, which will then inform the Full Municipal Sports Council. When they are created, each working group or committee establishes its own composition (with members of the Full Council or external people), as well as its purposes. Each working group also establishes its session regime and its operational system, according to the goals it must achieve.
Chair: David Escudé Rodríguez, Councillor for Sports
First Deputy Chair: Gerard Esteva, President of the UFEC
Secretary: Martí Niubò
Representing the municipal corporation:
• Eva Parera, Councillor from the Barcelona pel Canvi Municipal Group
• Elisenda Alamany, Councillor from the Esquerra Republicana per Catalunya Municipal Group
• Marc Serra, Councillor from the Barcelona en Comú Municipal Group
• Francina Vila, Councillor from the PDeCAT Municipal Group
• Oscar Ramírez, Councillor from the PPC Municipal Group
• Francina Vila, Councillor from the PSC Municipal Group
• Marilén Barceló, Councillor from the Ciutadans Municipal Group
Representatives from other institutions
• Jaume Mora, President of the Barcelona School Sports Council
• Gerard Esteva, President of the UFEC
Representatives from sports associations, clubs and organisations based in Barcelona
• Óscar Grau, Executive Director of Barcelona Football Club
• Mao Ye Wu, representing the Board of Directors of Reial Club Deportiu Espanyol
• Julián García, President of Atlètic-Barceloneta Swimming Club
• Félix Escales, President of Reial Club Nàutic de Barcelona
• Carles Meilan, President of the Col·lectiu d’Esport per a Tothom 10 [Sport for Everyone] (CET10)
• Idoya Sierra, manager of Reial Club de Tennis Barcelona-1899
• Francisco Carmona, President of Unió Esportiva Horta
• Ramon Agenjo, President of the Damm Football Club
• Laura Mateo, manager of the Associació Esportiva Les Corts
• Cèsar Villegas, President of Kallípolis Swimming Club
• Cristina Clota, President of Club Patí Congrés
• Enric Prats, President of the Hispano Basketball Club
• Oriol Hosta, Chair of the Board of Lluïsos de Gràcia
• Andreu Llamas, Vice President of the Club d’Immersió Biologia
• Àngel Bernet, President of the Sant Andreu Swimming Club
• Ferrand Herrero, President of the Club de Bitlles Siuranenc d’Horta
• Isabel Garcia Borda, President of the Ciutat Vella Sports Association
• Sónia Güell, Vice President of the Reial Club Marítim de Barcelona
• Mercè Roser Pérez, President of the Barcelona Universitari Club
• Francisco J. Guerrero, Vice President of the Nou Barris Athletics Club
• Marcel Carreras, representing the Associació Superacció
Bodies representing the District Municipal Sports Councils
• Joan Manuel Parisi, from the Sants-Montjuïc Sectoral Council (executive secretary of the Sants, Hostafrancs and La Bordeta Organisations Secretariat)
• José Ramon Sala, from the Les Corts Sectoral Council (President of the Les Corts Youth Club)
• Núria Sabartés, from the Sarrià - Sant Gervasi Sectorial Council (Director of AE Can Caralleu)
• Josep Maria Bigas, from the Gràcia Sports Council
• Josep Vicenç Madolell, from the Nou Barris Sports Council (Sports Director at CF Alzamora)
• Marcel Llordella, from the Sant Andreu Sports Council (Director of Bon Pastor Municipal Sports Centre)
• Pere López, from the Sant Martí Sports Council (President of the Associació Sant Martí Esport - ASME)
Representatives from Catalan federations based in Barcelona
• Xavier Torres, President of the Catalan Sailing Federation
• Enric Bertrán, President of the Catalan Swimming Federation
• Jordi Tamayo, President of the Catalan Tennis Federation
• Nicolas Municio, President of the Catalan Sports Federation for People with Cerebral Palsy
• Josep Nadal, President of the Catalan Basketball Federation
Representatives from adapted-sport organisations
• Marina Gòmez, President of the Catalan Sports Federation for People with Intellectual Disabilities - ACELL
Representatives from organisations and companies managing public or private facilities in Barcelona
• Ramon Canela, CEO of Clubs DiR
• Montserrat Mas Vilella, manager of UBAE
• Gabriel Domingo, Managing Director of Fundació Claror
• Pedro Vilarroya, Director of Bac de Roda Sport A.I.E.
• Albert Girbal, President of the Catalunya Swimming Club
Representatives from professional and university associations
• Dr. Montse Bellver, representing Sport Medicine at Barcelona's Official College of Doctors
• Ramon Besa, Vice Dean of the Governing Board of the Official College of Catalan Journalists
• Pere Manuel Gutiérrez, President of the Catalan College of Graduates in Physical Education and Physical Activity and Sport Science
• Jordi Solà, Managing Director of the Catalan National Institute of Physical Education
• Marta Moragas, Faculty of Psychology, Educational Sciences and Sport Blanquerna - Ramon Llull University
Elite sports people and former sports people
• Anna Corbella, sailing
• Erika Villaécija, swimming
• Èric Villalón, downhill skiing
• Gervasi Deferr, gymnast
• Jordi Sans, water polo
People of recognised standing in the world of sport and physical activity
• Enric Truñó, engineer and politician
• Joan Porcar, sports entrepreneur
• Anna Pruna, professional sportswoman
• Teresa Lleixà, pedagogue
Representing municipal sectoral participation councils
• Toni Travieso, from the Barcelona Gay, Lesbian, Homosexual, Bisexual and Transsexual Council (President of the Panteres Grogues Sports Club)
• Roser Ponsatí, from the Senior Citizens’ Advisory Council
• Javier Bonomi, from Barcelona’s Municipal Immigration Council
• Maria Hernández, from Barcelona’s Youth Council
• Mercè Carreras, from the Barcelona Women's Council
Representatives from the federations of Parents Associations
• Lluís Vila Prat, Federation of Secondary Education Parents Associations (FAPAES)
• Antonio Guerrero, member of the Governing Board and referee in the Catalan Football Federation. Federation of Christian Parents Associations of Catalonia (CCAPAC)
• Josep Manuel Prats, Federation of Free School Parents Associations (FAPEL)
• Nacho Pallars, Federation of Parents Associations of Catalonia (FAPAC)
District Sports Councillors
• David Pequeño, Ciutat Vella
• Marc Martínez, Eixample
• Albert Deusedes, Sants-Montjuïc
• Carlos Hornero, Les Corts
• Cesar Millán, Sarrià-Sant Gervasi
• Mercè Saltor, Gràcia
• Marc Guallar, Horta-Guinardó
• Didac Ramirez, Nou Barris
• Felipe Martinez, Sant Andreu
• Joan Pujol, Sant Martí
Municipal technical representatives
• Susana Closa, manager of the Barcelona Institute of Sports
• Ramon Lamiel, manager of the Municipal Institute for People with Disabilities
• Maribel Pasarín, Commissioner for the Promotion of Health, Barcelona Public Health Agency