- Plenary Committee: the Barcelona Women’s Council's highest representational body.
- Permanent Committee: the Women’s Council’s operational body, made up of the Plenary Committee’s representatives. Its functions include the authority to create work groups.
- The group to tackle gender violence promotes the monitoring of the Government measure for improving the system for a comprehensive approach to gender violence. This entails having appropriate information available on tools at the City Council’s disposal for this approach, both in the municipal organisation’s internal area and with regard to the aspects that affect public policies promoted by the City Council.
- The group on gender mainstreaming promotes the co-production of public policies on gender mainstreaming between the municipal administration and the city’s feminist associations and women residents. Not only does it influence the City Council’s organisational aspects, but also the tools for the implementation of Barcelona City Council’s government measure on gender mainstreaming.
(These two work groups are made up of representatives from the Council’s women's groups, although any other feminist or women’s association can be involved, as can individual women with an interest in the issues in question.)
- The territorial group works to establish a fluid relationship between the districts’ women's councils and the City’s Women's Council. The aim is to help these bodies become true voices of women from Barcelona’s various neighbourhoods, as well as to facilitate the work of relevant specialists in the districts. This work group is not open to citizens in general as its objective means it is made up of women from the districts, area consultants and specialist staff.
- The Barcelona Women’s Council – LGBTI Municipal Council group has the role of sharing the various strategies that both councils are working on to put an end to stereotypes and patriarchal roles. It is made up of representatives from each of the councils.