The recruitment tests are based on an assessment of skills and values. Some 5% of places are reserved for people with disabilities. Candidates have until 4 January to apply to take part.
The recruitment processes to boost the City Council’s different job pools have been announced, with calls in 33 labour categories at all levels (A1, A2, C1 and C2). The goal is to be able to cover temporary and structural needs in the different municipal services with more temporary staff.
The recruitment exams will assess professional skills in each category and the values of candidates, with six tests in all:
- Aptitude test, consisting of a psychometric test.
- Office IT test, through a questionnaire on the basic functions of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Foreign language test, where candidates can choose between German, English, Arabic, French, Italian, Urdu and Chinese, and must demonstrate at least intermediate level B2 in written expression.
- Knowledge of Catalan and Spanish, a test to confirm that candidates have at least level C1 of the CEFR in written and oral expression.
- Personality and skills tests, consisting of a personality questionnaire and a skills interview. The latter will only be conducted with candidates who have passed the eliminatory exams and in order of their scores.
The tests are expected to be held as from March 2022.
Candidates passing the eliminatory stages will be added to the job pool in the corresponding category, according to the overall score obtained. Each category will have 5% of places reserved for people with disabilities.
Candidates have until 4 January to present their application, which must be submitted via the e-headquarters. As recruitment processes will be conducted at the same time, candidates may only apply to take part in one category.
More information on requisites and condition can be found in the official announcement of the call.