Women's Support and Information Points (PIAD) are free and confidential public services provided by Barcelona City Council, which offer information, advice and guidance for women in various areas. They also offer free psychological care and legal advice.
Barcelona City Council has reorganised its PIAD services in response to the health situation caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, and in line with the recommendations from the health authorities. PIAD services are prioritising telephone support, with on-site assistance being re-organised at the different PIAD points around the city.
The service is operating its usual appointment service (call + 34 936 197 311 - Mondays to Fridays, 9 am to 2 pm, and Mondays to Thursdays, 4 pm to 7 pm). Users can also send messages to the corresponding email address for each PIAD:
PIAD Ciutat Vella: firstname.lastname@example.org
PIAD l’Eixample: email@example.com
PIAD Sants-Montjuïc: firstname.lastname@example.org
PIAD Gràcia: email@example.com
PIAD Les Corts: firstname.lastname@example.org
PIAD Horta-Guinardó: email@example.com
PIAD Sant Martí: firstname.lastname@example.org
PIAD Sarrià – Sant Gervasi: email@example.com
PIAD Nou Barris: firstname.lastname@example.org
PIAD Nou Barris Zona Nord: email@example.com
PIAD Sant Andreu: firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on the demand for appointments, a phone call will be programmed from a hidden number during the agreed timeslot, or a face-to-face appointment arranged if preferred.
Outside these hours, the CUESB operates a 24-hour emergency line(tel: 900 703 030; C/ Llacuna, 25).
Please remember that you must wear a face mask all the time you are on the premises when you visit a PIAD in person.
These services are aimed at adult women and adolescent women between the ages of 12 and 17.
The PIAD offer:
- Personal assistance.
- Information about various employment, association, cultural, educational and other resources in the city.
- Legal advice: specialised assistance in the various legal specialities (including civil, family, employment, gender violence and immigration law).
- Psychological support: a place where people can work on various aspects that may have led them to an unpleasant situation and undertake a process of discovering their own skills and potential.
- Assistance in cases of discrimination or male violence in any circumstances: at work, socially, with partners, in public areas, etc.
- The offer of free workshops on various subjects: self-esteem, dance, laughter therapy, self-defence, etc.
- Participation in personal-growth groups to improve self-knowledge and as a place to share experiences among women.
The PIAD also work in the community, organising awareness-raising activities aimed at the general public and taking part in community plans and sectoral networks.
- Women over the age of 18 who live, study or work in Barcelona.
- Adolescent women between the ages of 12 and 17 who live, study or work in Barcelona.
(It is not necessary to be a registered resident in either case)
- Organisations or professionals who work in this sphere.
There is a PIAD in every city district. Furthermore, the Nou Barris PIAD has an additional support centre in Zona Nord (Ciutat Meridiana, Torre Baró and Vallbona).
You need to make an appointment by calling 936 197 311, Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 2 pm, and Monday to Thursday, from 4 pm to 7 pm.
You can also ask for an appointment in person during the opening hours indicated for each PIAD, which you can find on the map at the end of the page.