The centre has a multidisciplinary team
The team comprises professionals trained in various fields (social work, social education, psychology, law and job placement) who offer comprehensive care so they can work on the recovery processes of the people they attend to, whether they need accommodation resources or not.
On an individual level
- Information and advice.
- Comprehensive personalised treatment throughout the process of recovering from the violence experienced, in accordance with the needs of the person attended to.
- Access to specific protection resources for gender violence whenever necessary.
- A job placement service.
On a group level
- Various kinds of group treatment.
On a community level
- Prevention and social awareness.
- Advice and support for professionals of other services that intervene in situations of gender violence.
Who it is aimed at
- Adult women in the city of Barcelona who experience, or have experienced, any kind of gender violence.
- Children and adolescents who live, or have lived, in contexts of gender violence. They may or may not be sons and daughters of the women attended to, as SARA also attends to:
- Sons and daughters of women who have died as a result of violence (murder or suicide provoked by the aggressor) or any other cause.
- Sons and daughters who experience, or have experienced, male violence, at the request of the mother, the father (not the abuser), or the carer.
- Adolescents who are victims of abusive sexual relationships, either sporadic or in a couple, or other manifestations of gender violence where neither the mother nor the father are involved, or the current partner of the mother or father.
- People who identify as LGBTI who experience, or have experienced, any kind of gender violence.
- People in the close circle of those directly affected by gender violence.
Requirements to access the service for women, children and adolescents
- They must live in the municipality of Barcelona.
- There is a current situation of gender violence or the effects of gender violence experienced previously are still felt.
SARA attends to all women, children and adolescents, and LGBTI people who meet both requirements, irrespective of their age, physical or mental state of health, disability, legal situation, sexual orientation or where they come from, and without taking into account whether:
- They are registered (empadronats) as living in the city of Barcelona or not. The real situation prevails over the administrative situation.
- Their situation has been legally regularised or not in the case of foreign nationals.
- They have reported the situation of violence experienced or not.
- They are living with the aggressor or have broken off the relationship with them.
Requirements to access the service for people in the close circle of those people
People who live in Barcelona may ask for help or advice, or even people who live in other municipalities, if their request is in relation to women, children or adolescents, or LGBTI people who are victims of gender violence that do live in the municipality of Barcelona.
- Direct access.
- Referral from another service (the City Council itself or the services of the Barcelona Circuit against Violence towards Women).
Type of access
- Emergency and arranged.
- In person, by phone and by email.