Municipal Unit against Human Trafficking (UTEH)
The Municipal Unit against Human Trafficking (UTEH) provides anybody who is a victim of this crime, be they minors or adults, with comprehensive care, regardless of the type of exploitation. It also offers advice to professionals and people from the victims' circle.
Requirements to access the service:
- Referral from a service or a professional
- Regardless of whether the exploitation is taking place or took place in Barcelona either now or in the past.
- Regardless of whether the person is currently resident or has previously resided in Barcelona, or whether they are registered as living in the city or not.
Anybody who presents with signs of being exploited, whether or not they are formally identified as a victim of human trafficking, will be attended to:
- Regardless of whether or not they are here legally
- Regardless of whether or not they are still in the exploitation network (securing their release) while evaluating the risks this could entail.
- Regardless of whether or not they are still working as a prostitute or a beggar, or other types of exploitation
The service provides:
- Advice for professionals
- Social assistance
- Psychological assistance
- Legal assistance and representation
- Safe shelter in coordination with other specialist services in this field
National Police emergency telephone number (brigade against human trafficking):